Current Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties of a Collections Specialist include all collection efforts and/or correspondence in a fast paced goal oriented collections department.
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process and review account adjustments, and resolve client discrepancies and short payments. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining assigned accounts- Customer calls, account adjustments, customer reconciliations and processing credit memos.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounts Receivable Department.
- Enlist the efforts of sales and senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Must communicate and follow up effectively with sales department and senior management regarding customer accounts on a timely basis.
- Appropriately escalate collection issues both internally and within the customers’ organization
- Effectively collaborate with internal partners and communicate a single message to our customers
- Research and resolve accounting inquiries from customers
- Prepare accounts for direct collection to independent collection agencies or to legal collection department for further pursuit
- Weekly and monthly reporting to direct supervisor
- Track and collect past due balances
- Track and resolve discrepancies
- Monitor outstanding account balances for determination of next steps in the collection process.
- Maintain AIA, IPAY and non-IPAY collections for builders/contractors.
- Provide clear communication and customer service on collection issues to external customers and internal executive team.
- Present oneself as a positive role model to the company and customers.
- Adhere to all department and company policies and procedures.
- Process monthly credit memos and the appropriate reporting
- High volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers
- Manage customers with senior management and determine when “stop work” order is necessary
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances that are due
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service
- Internal and External customer interface
- Participate in team planning meetings
- Meet defined department goals and activity metrics
- 3-5 years high volume corporate collections experience.
- Knowledge of collections procedures
- Construction exp.
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience a must
- Strong attention to detail, goal oriented
- Experience with Timberline/Sage a plus
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Working environment consists of an office work space which is conditioned but may encounter various degrees of noise, and internal traffic.
- Must be able to sit and work within office environment for majority of the work day. May infrequently lift up to 10 pounds.
- Will need to reach and bend in order to access files with reasonable accommodation.
- Must have the manual dexterity to use a computer keyboard, calculator and phone.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Petersen Dean reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.