To provide legal and administrative support to the Petersen-Dean, Inc. Legal Department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Legal calendar, including calendaring court appearances (telephonic and in-person) and law and motion deadlines.
- Check tentative rulings and notify appropriate in house counsel.
- Set-up CourtCall.
- Contact contract attorneys for appearances and deadlines.
- Communicate with company representatives concerning mandatory settlement conferences and/or required appearances.
- Contact Special Master/Mediator/Discovery Referee for telephonic appearances.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of basic court calendaring and California and/or federal civil procedure preferred. Familiarity with various counties’ local rules regarding calendaring is also preferred. We are looking for a well-organized individual, who is a self-starter and can work independently with light to moderate supervision. A positive attitude, with a team-like spirit is a must!
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Petersen Dean reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.