Company: PetersenDean Roofing and Solar
Job Title: Case Assistant / File Clerk
Work Location: Fremont , CA
FLSA Status: Full-time
Rate: Depending on experience
- Three years of legal experience is required
- Microsoft Office savvy
- Should have an understanding about litigation-oriented deadlines.
- Familiar with court websites and court calendaring system.
This person will be:
- Independent, pro-active, self-starter and someone who can produce high quality work products under minimal supervision.
Nice to have:
- TOC/TOA skills would be helpful.
- Generate general pleadings, discovery and motion papers.
- Maintain legal calendaring system.
- Legal Pay (prepare and schedule legal pay for weekly submission; follow up with accounting department regarding status of payment; mail out payment; update weekly schedule chart, etc).
- Filing, organization and distribution of legal department’s incoming mail/other documents.
- Print and make copies of legal documents as needed.
- Prepare mailing labels, send out documents.
- Scan and save documents on legal shared database i.e. worker compensations, litigation, insurance, etc.
- Assist in responsive document production for subpoenas.
- Interact with other departments as necessary in order to complete tasks (Payroll, HR and AR/AP).
- General support to Legal Team as needed.