To provide legal and administrative support to the Petersen-Dean, Inc. Legal Department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage legal calendar, including but not limited to calendaring court appearances (telephonic and in-person) and law and motion deadlines.
- Check tentative rulings and notify appropriate in-house counsel.
- Responsible for coordinating and/or scheduling client meetings and/or conferences.
- Prepare, edit and proofread correspondence, pleadings, discovery, correspondence, and other administrative documents.
- File documents and/or pleadings via various vendors, ensuring compliance with e-filing rules and e-service procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience as a legal assistant/secretary at a law firm and ideally within a busy in-house legal department.
- Ability to take initiative; organize and prioritize workload and use own judgement in decision making on how to adequately and efficiently meet all deadlines for multiple attorneys; must have the ability to multi-task effectively; work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Ability to file documents online via various vendors, including compliance with e-filing rules and e-service procedures.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel and knowledge of Adobe and PDF files.