Job Title: Outside Sales Representative
Division: California (Northern Division)
Location: San Francisco Bay Area — East Bay Area
FLSA Status: Commission
We are looking for our Unicorn! A sales person with exceptional communication skills and a real, top closer . This person will be have a history of being the top revenue guy / gal – a real “lights out” player! This person will maintain relationships between key accounts and represent PetersenDean in a professional, ethical and legal manner. If this sound like you, read below specifications and apply now!
- Experience working with Microsoft environment is a must.
- Roofing industry experience
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2-3 years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree a plus.
- Superb communication
- Analytical skills – Must have the ability to solve complex inputs.
- Practices attentive and active listening; can accurately restate what others have said. Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact. Ability to work under minimal supervision — must be a self-starter. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner. Must be a problem solver!
- Maintain a solid knowledge base of code requirements, products, roofing processes, industry norms;
- Read and understand the scope of work to be accomplished;
- Solicit business at key builder and, where applicable, specific accounts to secure first an opportunity to bid project work, secondly to negotiate for the supply of that work, and finally to obtain a repeat or exclusive relationship where possible;
- Identity and gain key competitive knowledge of the pricing of main competition on specific bids, competitive bidding practices and general competitive knowledge helpful to Employer to achieve its objectives;
- Project a favorable image of Employer to the builder community.
- Provide appropriate rationale for selection of Employer as sub-contractor and maintain a professional, ethical, and legal demeanor at all times.
- Act as a problem solver for accounts working closely with estimating and operations. Provide roofing expertise to key accounts;
- Review all contracts for appropriate content and once a job is secured provide, along with estimator personnel, operations with a comprehensive job review to enable a full understanding of the task;
- Negotiate contracts with terms and conditions favorable to Employer;
- Where necessary, resolve billing disputes with customers;
- Responsible for collecting all past due accounts;
- Participate in corporate teams to solve key issues;
- Propose budget targets;
- Hit Sales and Margin Goals;
- Operate within Employer expense guidelines;
- Continually strive to obtain new, profitable accounts;
- Meet penetration and target goals; and
- Adhere at all times to Employer’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
If interested please send resume to: tsummeril @petersendean.com