Priority to supervise and process payroll on a weekly basis, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for processing weekly payroll for all administrative and field employees through legacy software (field), as well as Kronos and ADP.
- Working with local field office payroll administrators, ensure accurate data entry of weekly payroll for all field employees and administrative staff (approximately 1,500).
- Respond timely to payroll issues and/or questions. Assist Division Managers, Superintendents, Field Supervisors and divisional payroll staff with payroll issues.
- The main point of contact for all Kronos/ADP payroll issues, calls, meetings, etc.
- Ensure tax information is correct and liaison with ADP to ensure accurate and timely tax filings.
- Ensure accurate inputting of Prevailing Wage information for processing through legacy system.
- Work with Corporate Human Resources regarding new hires, termination and benefit deductions, submitting documents timely and accurately.
- Process “off cycle” checks for terminations, pay changes, and commissions as necessary.
- Maintain active/inactive employee files.
- Work with Safety Dept. for required documents tied to Payroll in reference to safety violation and safety pay.
- Work with payroll staff to ensure they are properly trained and motivated and are up to date with most recent changes to Kronos/ADP.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5-7 years construction payroll experience, including knowledge of processing prevailing wage payments, as well as payroll tax.
- Previous payroll accounts payable experience required. Kronos/ADP knowledge strongly desired but may consider experience with other automated payroll software systems. General HR knowledge and experience helpful but not required. Experience working with job costing for labor.
- Must be a problems solver and critical thinker. Ability to multitask a must.
- Knowledge of CA labor and payroll law a must. Multistate labor and payroll law preferred.
- Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality at all times.
- Must be available to work some OT when necessary. Must be punctual and reliable.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision – must be a self-starter. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to work independently; excellent organizational skills are a must.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Experience working with Microsoft, Kronos, and ADP environment is a must.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and an employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Petersen Dean reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.