The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for achieving the necessary sales to run a profitable office by creating and managing an effective sales team and will be an integral part of the management team, fostering the development and implementation of best practices for sales management. S/he will play a key role in developing project proposals, managing the sales presentation process, coaching and developing Sales Representatives, and driving continuous improvement throughout the sales process. This role will manage 10-15 sales reps and will be responsible for monthly sales between $1-2 Million.
- Responsible for the leadership, development and performance of all sales activities within assigned business unit Staffs and directs sales team.
- Provides leadership towards achieving targeted growth and profitability Responsible for team sales targets and goals
- Develops business plans and sales strategies to grow revenue
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing daily, weekly and monthly sales reports and Salesforce dashboards
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement of sales staff competencies and skills
- Ensures that all sales staff meets or exceeds all standards that include close rates, lead generation, number of appointments, number of sold projects, gross margin targets, and project average price targets.
- Conducts one-on-one reviews with all sales staff to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide for the improvement of sales staff and performance
- Recruits and hires Sales staff based on criteria agreed upon by senior management
- Provides guidance, mentoring and coaching to sales staff to ensure optimal performance and accountability
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effectively building and acquiring of sales leads and opportunities Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
- Provides competitive market analysis of competition
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Other tasks as assigned by management in support of business needs
- Partner with Marketing to manage the lead generation process to ensure a robust pipeline of leads
- Drive customer satisfaction and customer referrals
Requirements & Essential Qualifications
- Minimum of five years sales and management experience with a proven track record of success in building and leading a highly successful sales organization.
- Experience in managing a sales team of 10-25
- Past P&L responsibility and a strong focus on profitability and results.
- Experience in managing monthly sales in the $750k-$1M range
- Ability to identify and develop strategic growth plans for market growth and expansion.
- Proficiency with CRM tools, specifically com.
- Strong technical acumen, including technical and economic aspects of solar or other high-tech products and services.
- Strong organizational skills and adaptability in a fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic, positive, enthusiastic, and self-driven.
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently. BS degree required.
- A competitive compensation plan will reward successful performance. The package will include an executive level salary, commission, and comprehensive benefits