SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Provide administration and support for all internal systems and applications. Provide escalation point for other I.T. staff members. Provision and deploy new and upgraded computer systems utilizing imaging software and application setup automation. Maintain accurate technology asset inventory. Create and modify user accounts and permissions. Respond to Help Desk requests, determine resolution, document work was done, and update knowledge base. Troubleshoot computer, network, and telephony issues. Escalate service requests as needed. Instruct users in the use of technology consistent with company policy. This position is an independent worker meeting the day-to-day needs of the I.T. Department.
- Provide on-site and remote technical support, training, and assistance for internal customers. Answer questions in person or remotely via phone, email, or remote session. Instruct users in the proper use of equipment, software, and hardware. Identify and escalate issues requiring urgent attention. Visit offices to provide on-site assistance as needed. Provide an escalation point for support issues from other I.T. staff members.
- Automate provisioning and deployment of new laptop and desktop systems via imaging software and perform system repairs and upgrades. Create and maintain up-to-date system images. Maintain accurate technology asset inventory.
- Provide advanced (beyond basic) system administration (add/remove/modify users, groups, policies, and permissions) on various systems.
- Provide IT related training and orientation to new employees, and user liaison activities
covering basic computer system end-user operations, including but not limited to system sign-on,
use of internal resources, password management, legacy systems, Microsoft Office programs and telecommunications equipment.
- Participate in the preparation of procedure manuals and documentation. Participate in the distribution of network related information to users such as help desk procedures, and provide user training as required.
- Maintain accurate reports of issues. Serve as liaison between employees and the IT department to resolve issues. Take ownership of assigned issues and track problems to resolution. Maintain ongoing communication with employees related to any reported system issues and outages.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Advanced level knowledge and experience supporting computer hardware and software in a TCP/IP networked environment. Expert level support of desktop and laptop hardware, current operating systems, peripheral devices, and business software applications. Solid knowledge of network troubleshooting techniques.
Ability to learn and support new applications; use basic tools, equipment, and procedures for repairing
computers and peripheral devices; use initiative and independent judgment within established
procedural guidelines; work independently and as a team member to research and resolve complex
technical issues; prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands; establish and maintain cooperative
working relationships with co-workers and other employees.
Minimum 5 years of experience troubleshooting computer hardware and software applications in an enterprise, multiple operating system network environment (Microsoft and Linux); analyzing information technology issues, evaluating alternatives, and making logical recommendations based on findings.
This position requires expert level knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting. Significant experience with Active Directory administration, including managing user accounts, distribution and security groups, printer objects and group policy. Solid understanding of Office 365 administration, and Microsoft Office applications is desirable. Demonstrated an understanding of Microsoft Windows deployment automation (System imaging, answer files, Sysprep etc.). Some Linux system administration skills and experience are desirable. Telephone (VOIP) administration and troubleshooting experience is also a plus.