Supervise solar installers, technicians, and subcontractors for solar installation projects to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- At least 5 years of experience in the solar industry. Familiarity with the building/construction trades.
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English and Spanish (not a requirement).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent management skills.
- Assess potential solar installation sites to determine feasibility and design requirements.
- Assess system performance or functionality at the system, subsystem, and component levels.
- Coordinate or schedule building inspections for solar installation projects.
- Develop and maintain system architecture, including all piping, instrumentation, or process flow diagrams.
- Estimate materials, equipment, and personnel needed for residential or commercial solar installation projects.
- Evaluate subcontractors or subcontractor bids for quality, cost, and reliability.
- Identify means to reduce costs, minimize risks, or increase efficiency of solar installation projects.
- Monitor work of contractors and subcontractors to ensure projects conform to plans, specifications, schedules, or budgets.
- Perform start-up of systems for testing or customer implementation.
- Plan and coordinate installations of photovoltaic (PV) solar and solar thermal systems to ensure conformance to codes.
- Prepare solar installation project proposals, quotes, budgets, or schedules.
- Provide technical assistance to installers, technicians, or other solar professionals in areas such as solar electric systems, solar thermal systems, electrical systems, and mechanical systems.
- Purchase or rent equipment for solar energy system installation.
- Enforce all PetersenDean safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for hiring and maintaining crew leaders and all installers.
- Quality – responsible for all quality walks and sign-offs from builder at the end of each phase/lot
- Jobsite cleanliness.
- Visit all jobs in progress at least twice a week.
- Fuel all forklifts and equipment and inspect for maintenance needs.
Additional Information: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. PetersenDean reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.