PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 30 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
- Log in jobs and maintain statistical information
- Prepare take-offs of plans for bidding (utilizing the Edge software program).
- Main focus will be on steep slope multi-family and single family residential houses.
- Knowledge of various steep slope roofing systems: e.g. Composition Shingles, Concrete Tile, etc.
- If job is awarded: verify price and verify scope of job
- Interface with outside salespeople on related issues.
- Interface with operations (field) personnel on related issues
- Submit Complete Bid Package to Customer by Deadline
- Upkeep of designated Bidding Software
- Timely support to Operations Staff regarding all measuring and scope of work issues
- Create complete and accurate Bid File to turn over to Division Operations Team
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5 years related estimating experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree a plus.
- Experience with Edge Estimating Software or PlanSwift Software.
- Steep-Slope estimating experience is a plus!
- Ability to read architectural blue prints is a must.
- Ability to read and comprehend bid specifications documents.
- Ability to craft bid proposals that are coherent and easily understood. Analytical skills – Must have the ability to solve complex inputs.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, and other employees of the organization as needed.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner. Must be a problem solver!
- Experience working with Microsoft environment is a must.
- Practices attentive and active listening; can accurately restate what others have said.
- Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact.
Ability to work under minimal supervision – must be a self-starter. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.