PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 30 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize and administer the Workers’ Compensation, including the review and processing of claims and legal documents,
- Recommending loss control strategies to department
- Ensuring conformance to applicable laws and regulations while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Supervise the management of employee injury cases; investigate or oversee the investigation of claims; develop strategies to handle specific cases in consultation with the appropriate parties.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints; directly with the reporting parties, Insurance carrier(s) and legal department.
- Evaluate problems and take appropriate action to resolve issues/concerns;
- Advise injured employees of their benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2-4 years related workers compensation experience
- Construction experience a big plus!
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes and safety regulations including the, Workers’ Compensation and Americans with Disabilities Act laws, OSHA
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent analytical skills are a must.
- Medical and technical terminology used in industrial injury cases
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner. Must be a problem solver!
- Experience working with Microsoft environment is a must (Word, Excel, etc).
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Petersen Dean reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.