PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
To act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to undertake a range of other administrative tasks as identified by the Office Manager.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors and direct them to the correct staff members
- Responsible for sending weekly active job list to superintendents
- Maintain contract folders and filing of contracts and correspondences
- Work with Superintendents, Billings and Contract Administrator on pricing, change, orders and any contract issues that need to be resolved.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail for distribution and coordinate courier services
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists and internal staff contact lists
- Keep stock and maintain office supplies, toiletry item, and etc.
- Provide office supplies toiletry item, etc. for staff and maintain adequate stocks; task includes ordering new supplies, identifying new suppliers and obtaining the best price.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Reconcile bank statements and company credit cards
- Responsible for filing customer service work orders
- Prepare and mail customer service surveys
- Keep record of payroll for field, hourly, and exempt employees
- Assist with warehouse supervisor with inventory control
- Plan company events and/or meetings as needed
- Maintain consistent attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 1 years’ experience of working within an office environment and front of house.
- Familiarity with the use of office equipment i.e. fax, photocopiers etc.
- Implementing admin systems and databases
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good telephone manner
- Good written skills
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Computer literate, with keyboard skills and experience of word-processing, (Microsoft Word) combined with ability to acquire other skills as necessary (e.g. databases and spreadsheets).
- Ability to work on own initiative and take responsibility where necessary and to work as part of a team.
- Smart and business-like appearance.
- Ability to work to a high standard (and while under pressure).