SUMMARY: Process cash receipts for all companies
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process cash receipts for all companies: Petersen-Dean, Inc., Petersen-Dean Commercial and Tri-Valley Wholesale – identify cash receipts for each company and match check remittance to AR report.
- Process and code cash receipts for non-AR items.
- Make bank deposits either via bank or internal system.
- Research and process back-charges from customers.
- Process write-offs.
- Process all credit card transactions.
- Troubleshoot cash receipts and AR issues.
- Process refunds.
- Weekly AR cash receipts reporting for management.
- Process lien releases.
- Act as the back-up to Collections Administrator.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent analytical skills are a must.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner. Must be a problem solver!
- Experience working with Microsoft environment is a must.
- Practices attentive and active listening; can accurately restate what others have said. Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact. Ability to work under minimal supervision – must be a self-starter. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.