PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
Drive Class A Delivery Trucks within capacities in order to transport materials to and from specified destinations such as jobsites, plants, residences and offices, or within industrial yards and warehouses as directed.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a tractor trailer truck that transports roofing material to and from specified destinations.
- Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of material to ensure timely service.
- Loads, secures and unloads material.
- Maintains radio or telephone contact with dispatcher to receive delivery or pick up instructions or to receive notice of changes in scheduled delivery or pick up.
- Maintains logs of travel and material according to federal and state regulations.
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance and presentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3-5 years previous driving experience.
- Must be licensed to operate a truck. Licensing requirements depend on the state.
- Must have a “satisfactory” driving record and clean drug testing.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner.