Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a tractor trailer truck that transports roofing material to and from specified destinations.
- Prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick up of material to ensure timely service.
- Loads, secures and unloads material.
- Maintains radio or telephone contact with dispatcher to receive delivery or pick up instructions or to receive notice of changes in scheduled delivery or pick up.
- Maintains logs of travel and material according to federal and state regulations.
- Responsible for vehicle maintenance and presentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3-5 years previous driving experience.
- Must be licensed to operate a truck. Licensing requirements depend on the state.
- Must have a “satisfactory” driving record and clean drug testing.
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner.