Employee shall be responsible for selling roofing systems to Commercial General Contractors. Employee shall represent employer in a professional, ethical and legal manner and in accordance with corporate objectives. Employee recognizes a team effort and shall use best efforts to ensure team building and faithful adherence to department procedures.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain relationships and favorable contacts with current and potential accounts.
- Maintain and develop new sales with home builders, general contractors and general public.
- Provide assistance to customer and resolve any issues.
- Get all information needed to be able to bid new developments
- Work with estimating to make sure bids are done correctly and completed within bid date
- Meet with superintendents to make sure jobs are running as scheduled
- Assist with collections if needed
- Do all paperwork needed to complete the new account
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2-3 years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College degree a plus.
- Familiarity with the building/construction trades
- Excellent organizational, management and communication skills
- Must be self-driven, highly motivated and able to work independently
- Construction related sales experience is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Analytical skills – Must have the ability to solve complex inputs.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner. Must be a problem solver!
- Practices attentive and active listening; can accurately restate what others have said. Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact. Ability to work under minimal supervision – must be a self-starter. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Petersen Dean reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.