- Inspire a culture of safety as key to PetersenDean’s corporate values and future success.
- Design and promote a “Safety First” mentality among ALL EMPLOYEES by providing educational information, accurate and informative data, conducting safety committee meetings, giving timely feedback regarding safety suggestions, and visibly supporting the field and office safety programs.
- Leads adoption of strategies to efficiently and effectively highlight safety in the course of all business activities.
- Act as main liaison for all OSHA related compliance and investigatory issues.
- Advises and actively participates in risk and hazard evaluations of existing processes, procedures, operating areas, equipment and new capital investments.
- Direct and lead the PetersenDean Corporate Safety Committee.
- Provides timely resolutions to safety issues by defining the problem, determining root cause, establishing action plans and priorities, and providing technical assistance.
- Conducts and/or oversees safety training programs for employees at all levels as required.
- Reviews safety clauses of client contracts, creates project manager guidebooks and field forms to ensure compliance with contract.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting safety and accident metrics to senior management and to client and regulatory entities, as required.
- Responsible for monitoring regulations and directing programs to ensure compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations for commercial vehicles utilized in company business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental Health & Safety, or related technical field.
- 15+ years of experience in a construction setting with 3+ years of managerial experience in Health and Safety. Must also possess an advanced knowledge of OSHA Fall Protection Requirements
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- MUST BE BILINGUAL (English/Spanish)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write safety policies and procedures from scratch. Will be required to provide examples of past written policies and procedures.
- Ability to recognize onsite risk factors and take appropriate action with firmness and tact.
- Experience conducting safety assessments.
- Advanced technical knowledge of Health and Safety practices, procedures and techniques.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Up to 40% – 50% travel required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. Petersen Dean reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.