The ideal candidate will have previous experience in construction project management, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing Architectural and Structural plans prior to bidding
- Reviewing Specifications prior to bidding
- Using image software, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Excel based “BidMaster” (In house Estimating Software) to produce detailed and accurate bids
- Schedules time effectively to meet due dates put forth by Sales
- Does plan revisions and price revisions
- Organizes paperwork in folders prior to being reviewed by a manager
- Attends all Estimating meetings
- Special projects that pertain to Estimating and Sales locally
- Screens the estimating e-mail for information pertaining to bids and the Estimating system
- Communicates with Sales, Operations, the Estimating Administrator and Estimating Manager daily
- May get quotes for material and labor as needed to accurately bid a job out.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3+ years’ experience in roofing estimates
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates
- Strong understanding of residential and commercial roofing construction
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Edge, and Plan Swift.
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Impeccable problem-solving skills