The Human Resources Coordinator (HR Coordinator) position assists with tasks associated with on-boarding and off-boarding employees, maintaining employee records and special projects.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision of the HR Supervisor, the HR Coordinator will perform some combination of the following job functions:
- Process all new hires and enter information into the HRIS system in a timely and accurate manner. This can include, offer letters, running background checks and scheduling drug testing.
- Process employee information changes in HRIS system (payroll changes, address changes, tax withholding’s, etc.). Notify all necessary parties of changes.
- Process employee separations and ensure that packets arrive at divisional offices within state required timelines.
- Ensure that new hire packet content is current and up-to-date, including application, I-9, brochures, etc.
- Process leave of absences, including FMLA/CFRA, PDL.
- Respond to state disability claims.
- Assist division offices with questions on HR procedures and processes.
- Assist with company vehicle approvals. Ensure all required paperwork is complete and accurate for HR Director approval. Ensure new drivers are added to applicable programs (driver spreadsheet, DMV pull program, etc.).
- Maintain the DMV Pull Program. Process enrollments and changes. Notify appropriate parties of DMV alerts.
- DOT Drivers: Coordinate FMCSA driver qualification with third party vendor. Ensure all required paperwork is complete and accurate for HR Director approval.
- Assist with annual BIT inspections as needed.
- Process all business card requests through online vendor.
- Order department office supplies.
- Assist with coordinating company/office functions as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2-4 years related human resources experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Working knowledge of HRIS system. Kronos experience a plus
- Experience handling a fast-paced, high volume workload, while managing multiple deadlines. Must be able to multitask.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Must represent Corporate HR with the utmost professionalism at all times, both verbally and in written correspondence.
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills as well as accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Able to work under minimal supervision – A highly motivated self-starter.
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience administering leave of absences, including FMLA/CFRA, PDL, a plus.
- Experience with E-Verify a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus