SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:
Provide administration and support for all internal systems and applications. Provide escalation point for other I.T. staff members. Provision and deploy new and upgraded computer systems utilizing imaging software and application setup automation. Maintain accurate technology asset inventory. Create and modify user accounts and permissions. Respond to Help Desk requests, determine resolution, document work done, and update knowledge base. Troubleshoot computer, network, and telephony issues. Escalate service requests as needed. Instruct users in the use of technology consistent with company policy. This position is an independent worker meeting the day-to-day needs of the I.T. Department.
- Provide on-site and remote technical support, training, and assistance for internal employees.
- Answer questions in person or remotely via phone, email, or remote session.
- Instruct users in the proper use of equipment, software, and hardware.
- Identify and escalate issues requiring urgent attention.
- Visit offices to provide on-site assistance as needed.
- Provide an escalation point for support issues from other I.T. staff members.
- Automate provisioning and deployment of new laptop and desktop systems via imaging software and perform system repairs and upgrades.
- Maintain accurate technology asset inventory.
- Provide IT related training and orientation to new employees, and user liaison activities covering basic computer system end-user operations
- Maintain accurate reports of issues. Serve as liaison between employees and the IT department to resolve issues.
- Maintain ongoing communication with employees related to any reported system issues and outages.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Advanced level knowledge and experience supporting computer hardware and software in a TCP/IP networked environment.
- Expert level support of desktop and laptop hardware, current operating systems, peripheral devices, and business software applications.
- Ability to learn and support new applications; use basic tools, equipment, and procedures for repairing computers and peripheral devices.
- Work independently and as a team member to research and resolve complex
- Minimum 5 years of experience troubleshooting computer hardware and software applications in an enterprise, multiple operating system network environment (Microsoft and Linuz).
- Expert level knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and troubleshooting.
- Significant experience with Active Directory administration, including managing user accounts, distribution and security groups, printer objects and group policy.
- Good understanding of Office 365 administration, and Microsoft Office applications is desirable.
- Some Linux system administration skills and experience are desirable.