PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.*
If you are a seasoned and creative writer with Public Relations and Marketing experience, this role could be for you! You understand storytelling and the power of narrative, you are driven and innovative, and you know how to work hard, but still have fun while doing it. The Public Relations Specialist will focus on building relationships with relevant editors, media outlets, and influencers to gain further coverage and increase our brand awareness.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute media opportunities, keep detailed status reports of activity
- Research, write and distribute press releases to targeted media
- Implementing campaigns, press material development and team management
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines, following processes and procedures, as necessary
- Demonstrate follow-through, strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Ability to learn, understand and interpret our business, brand and public relations goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and solutions effectively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing direction, goals and deadlines
- Ability to travel for company/client as needed
- Ability to organize and set clear expectations for tasks and deliverables, communicating clearly to team
- Create and maintain a close relationships with partner and affiliate sites, to maximize content and products reach/exposure
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to manage Social Media Marketing Campaigns in conjunction with PR releases.
- Research, select and plan external events such as tradeshows, interviews, campaign and promotional events to increase company brand awareness.
- Work with other departments to implement marketing and communications strategies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 4-year PR; PR agency experience preferred
- Strong written, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with strong time management skills
- Have a positive and team-oriented attitude
- Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Office
- Build and maintain a network of contacts with our vendors and media outlets to optimize PR opportunities
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or business related field.
- Ability to handle multi-faceted projects with strong follow through
- Able to work independently, as well as collaborate as a team player
- Commitment to quality, motivated self-starter that takes ownership of work