PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department. Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate pricing with vendors and secure best pricing.
- Create and transmit Purchase Orders to vendors.
- Confirm and record receipt of materials.
- Create and reconcile all owner direct material purchase orders
- Investigate pricing variances as needed.
- Follow up and track all material job overages
- Schedule material deliveries as per field requests
- Order standard warehouse inventory amounts
- Order safety equipment as needed for projects and company
- Open accounts as necessary
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience within the construction industry.
- Roofing and/or roofing material knowledge is a must.
- Ability to multi task and juggle many projects at one time.
- Working knowledge of written and spoken Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner. Must be a problem solver!
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact. Ability to work under minimal supervision – must be a self-starter.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.