Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department. Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate pricing with vendors and secure best pricing.
- Create and transmit Purchase Orders to vendors.
- Confirm and record receipt of materials.
- Create and reconcile all owner direct material purchase orders
- Investigate pricing variances as needed.
- Follow up and track all material job overages
- Schedule material deliveries as per field requests
- Order standard warehouse inventory amounts
- Order safety equipment as needed for projects and company
- Open accounts as necessary
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 4-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience within the construction industry.
- Roofing and/or roofing material knowledge is a must.
- Ability to multi task and juggle many projects at one time.
- Working knowledge of written and spoken Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems in a creative manner. Must be a problem solver!
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Enjoys working hard, is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact. Ability to work under minimal supervision – must be a self-starter.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.