PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
The Superintendent is charged with daily control of all aspects of the job site
including, but not limited to, coordination of materials and labor, management of the schedule, budgetary responsibility, and insuring adherence to scope and quality requirements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- One week prior to start of project, review entire project with Project Coordinator. This includes plans/specifications, scope of work, change orders to date and budgets.
- Schedule and coordinate with Project Coordinator all deliveries the date we start: material, equipment and labor.
- Responsible for communicating the overall progress of projects as well as coordinating workers, equipment, and material needs with Project Coordinator.
- Oversee the daily construction activities at multiple worksites.
- Work with Project Coordinator to complete projects within given budgets and time frames.
- Teach and enforce safety regulations.
- Monitor jobs to ensure quality and proper compliance with company standards.
- Inspect roofs for compliance with plans, submittals, specifications, and schedule.
- Provide guidance and motivate crews to ensure a positive work environment.
- Properly forecast and coordinate with Project Coordinator to prevent nonproductive time.
- Meet with building inspectors and be able to answer questions and/or provide information as it relates to installation procedures and code compliance.
- Recommend improvements, changes or new techniques and procedures.
- Assist management with performance evaluations of field employees.
- Constantly monitor all aspect of budget: labor, schedule delays and additional mobilizations.
- Monitor roof installation with plans/specifications/manufacturers recommendations (install correct roof).
- Coordinate and complete punch list.
- Coordinate and communicate with Project Coordinators.
- Carry out specific work plans as assigned by management.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- At least 5 years of experience in the roofing industry. Familiarity with the building/construction trades.
- Working knowledge of written and spoken English and Spanish (not a requirement).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.