Ensure Compliance with all Safety Rule & Regulations
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report writing and incident investigation in both Spanish and English
- Comprehensive use of Microsoft Office software.
- Represent PetersenDean with Builders/Contractors on all Safety Programs.
- Responsible for facility safety and security compliance including job sites, warehouses, and offices
- Ensure that all employees are knowledgeable on the Emergency Action Plan and PetersenDean policy and procedure
- Facilitate all field personnel training in Spanish and English
- Regularly distribute, inspect and replace worn PPE in the field
- Partner with Claims Administrator in managing Return-to-work Program for Workers’ Compensation (Light Duty)
- Distribute and track weekly Tailgate Meetings — Insure compliance and proper documentation.
- Notify manager of safety supplies needed. Track and control inventory
- Conduct regular safety meetings with Field Supervisors, Crew Leaders and field personnel.
- Lead Safety Council Meetings delete
- Facilitate Orientation Training and other training as required by company and OSHA (Roofers, DOT Driver – Fleet Safety, forklift certification, etc.)
- Work Disciplinary Policy with supervisors, crew leaders and employees
- Incident Analysis Reports including all follow-through including communication of final investigation report to everyone involved
- Communicate company policies, procedures with Spanish/English speaking employees
- Conduct job hazard analyses and field safety inspections
- Ensure that each job site conforms to all applicable safety/Company regulations
- Ensure that all company drivers and/or vehicles follow our Fleet Safety Program
- (Review/Update SDS – delete) Insure Hazcom compliance on all job-site.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (read, write, and speak)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 4-5 years related Roofing/Safety experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience within the roofing/solar/construction industry is highly desirable, but not a requirement
- Knowledge in federal and local safety rules and regulations is a must (Cal OSHA / OSHA). Ability to understand and apply all OSHA regulations and guidelines
- Good oral and written communication skills in Spanish and English. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one (and in small groups) to both employees and external customers
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form and deal with problems in a creative manner. Must be a problem solver!
- Enjoy working hard, action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging. Relates well to all kinds of people, builds constructive and effective relationships using diplomacy and tact. Ability to work under minimal supervision — must be a self-starter.
- Not afraid of heights and going on to roof tops
- Accuracy and attention to detail is a must