PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
The Site Surveyor will provide professional site surveying services to obtain and communicate the necessary project information to the Solar design team for the preparation of permit ready documents needed to facilitate the installation of solar photovoltaic systems. Communicate and interface with home owners and potential solar customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to effectively communicate with customers during the initial face to face greeting and/or on the phone.
- Be able to effectively communicate with a centralized scheduling team
- Conduct a physical site survey using a variety of tools and equipment including measuring devices, hand tools, ladders, protective equipment, etc.
- Able to climb ladders, measure roofs, and use safety equipment.
- Document the project site with photos using a company provided digital camera and or a smart phone application.
- Fill out, by hand, paper site surveying sheets needed for the Engineering Department to produce permit-ready documents.
- Upload information to the project management system using a company provided laptop
- Provide and maintain a current, valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle or personal vehicle for company use as necessary.
- Effectively communicate with other employees, customers, and city/county agencies.
- Other administrative duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent and effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi- tasking and organizational skills