The Site Surveyor will provide professional site surveying services to obtain and communicate the necessary project information to the Solar design team for the preparation of permit ready documents needed to facilitate the installation of solar photovoltaic systems. Primary external interface and communication will be with solar potential customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to follow a preset job schedule and track hours on a smart phone
- Be able to effectively and succinctly communicate with customers during the initial face to face greeting and/or on the phone
- Be able to effectively and succinctly communicate with a centralized scheduling team
- Conduct a physical site survey using a variety of company provided tools and equipment including measuring devices, hand tools, ladders, protective equipment, etc.
- Document the project site with photos using a company provided digital camera and a smart phone application
- Fill out, by hand, paper site surveying sheets needed for the Engineering Department to produce permit-ready documents
- Upload information to the project management system using a company provided laptop
- Provide and maintain a current, valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to safely operate a company vehicle or personal vehicle for company use as necessary.
- Additional duties required as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent and effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi- tasking and organizational skills