PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
The Solar is responsible for preparing electrical wiring and layout plan sets in AutoCAD for photovoltaic and energy storage system installations. The Solar Designer works with the various departments including Utility Interconnection, Sales, Operations and Project Coordinators. The Solar Designer is also responsible for assisting with responses to AHJ corrections, both written and verbal.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce PV/Energy Storage System installation details, attachment methods layouts in AutoCAD.
- Design and specify electrical system details including conductor, conduit and overcurrent protection sizing, calculation and mitigation of voltage drop, single lines and connection diagrams.
- Assures that the design/drafting timelines are met and on schedule
- Gain a full understanding of the project scope, schedules, major priority items milestones and project coordination procedure.
- Coordinates and cooperates with Project Coordinators to ensure the smooth flow of all information necessary for the completion of the overall project design/drafting effort
- Looks for and suggests improvements in assigned project areas
- Verify that all drawings and vendor documents have been properly reviewed and assembled prior to submittal of plan sets.
- Completes AHJ revisions/corrections.
- Makes necessary suggestion to PetersenDean design criteria with regard to information from AHJ’s.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong electrical design fundamentals
- Strong roofing construction fundamentals
- Strong in AutoCAD
- Strong communication skills and previous experience interfacing with construction personnel manage multiple tasks and projects
- Knowledge of drafting standards and symbols.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with others