PetersenDean Roofing & Solar
Assistant Operations Manager to provide the day-to-day supervision and coordination of the pre-permitting process and construction for the installation, maintenance, alteration, repair, and/or replacement of solar systems and to manage required equipment inventory.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Employee’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide leadership to oversee the field engineering, material distribution and construction phases of the project
• Overseeing daily operations and administrative functions of the Branch. Ultimately responsible for warehouse inventory control, material ordering, job kitting and material deliveries and scheduling.
• Ensure achievement of performance objectives and adherence to Petersen-Dean policies and procedures.
• Implement cost control measures and auditing, as well as insuring adherence to OSHA safety guidelines by all employees through education and training and a continued focus on growing Petersen-Dean’s professional image through delivery of on-time, quality solar and roofing systems to our customers.
• Understand and implement installation and operation processes and/or procedures
• Screen and hire qualified staff.
• Maintain the highest positive attitude in the office.
• Assign trainers and follow up with the progress for each new hire.
• Confirm that staff is aware of their daily duties and assignments.
• Ensure that the installation crew has the opportunity to perform installations every day. • Monitor and oversee daily production of the office and its employees
• Inspect job sites of each installation crew and correct as needed
• Accompany crews on jobs sites to ensure quality and improve techniques.
• Communicate and coordinate with the project management team on a regular basis.
• Monitor the progress of all accounts associated with their office.
• Resolve customer complaints or concerns involving the installation process
• Other duties assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 5-7 years Business Management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must know how to handle problems quickly and efficiently.
• Must be very organized
• Must have experience and proven leadership abilities.
• Construction experience is a must.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
• Excellent analytical skills are a must.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with Microsoft programs is a must (Word, Excel, etc).