Website PetersenDean, Inc
This position provides administrative and litigation support to the legal department. Tasks include, but are not limited to, management of filings/e-filings in state and federal courts; preparation of correspondence, pleadings and discovery; and calendaring all necessary deadlines (litigation and non-litigation).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage legal calendar, including, but not limited to, calendaring court appearances (telephonic and in-person), and law and motion deadlines.
- Check tentative rulings and register of action and notify appropriate Counsel of any changes or notifications.
- Review case updates and advise Counsel regarding upcoming deadlines, including but not limited to, discovery and law and motion.
- File documents and/or pleadings via various vendors, ensuring compliance with e-filing rules and e-service procedures.
- Review construction defect matters and advise appropriate Counsel regarding case updates.
- Create charts and/or spreadsheets to track litigation, including trials.
- Format court pleadings according to applicable court rules and able to generate tables of authorities and tables of contents.
- Organize documents and prepare binders and files to in-house relevant legal and non-legal materials.
- Maintain composure, professionalism, and work efficiently and accurately during highly stressful circumstances.
- Must be able to work from the Fremont office on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Complex litigation background is a MUST.
- Qualified candidates will have 3 – 5 years of strong litigation experience.
- Have a solid understanding of State and Federal Court rules, procedures and calendaring requirements and procedures.
- Have the ability to e-file independently in accordance with the Court’s rules.
- Excellent word processing and legal formatting skills, including experience generating TOC and TOA.
- Calendar experience (g. deadlines, trial dates, post-trial deadlines, motion and opposition deadlines, discovery deadlines, etc.).
- Knowledge of preparing pleadings and discovery documents, including ability to type, edit and format legal documents and correspondence (e., TOC/TOA Skills).
- Ability to take initiative; organize and prioritize workload, as well as use judgement in decision making on how to adequately and efficiently meet all deadlines for multiple attorneys.
- Have the ability to multi-task effectively and work well independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Ability to file documents online via various vendors, including compliance with e-filing rules and e-service procedures.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel and knowledge of Adobe and PDF files.
- The ideal candidate will interact well with others in a team setting, work effectively under pressure, and have strong organizational skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org