PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
The Senior Financial Analyst is a key member of the Corporate Finance Team. This position must handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced environment with frequent direct interaction with Commercial and New Construction Operational teams as their business partners, and centralized corporate teams. The Senior Financial Analyst analyzes, classifies and reviews highly complex financial and business data and turns it into actionable insights for the business. This role conducts budgeting, forecasting, financial and operational analysis, Key Performance Indicator reporting. The candidate plans and supports broad assignments and recommends changes to analytical and budgetary methods and processes, enabling value creation through top line growth and business efficiency.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide full cycle finance analysis and support to multiple business lines.
- Conduct in – depth analysis of period – end actual vs. Plan.
- Prepare written analysis and review with GMs.
- Support annual plan and rolling forecast processes.
- Prepare, maintain and update plan / forecast models and communicate to the GMs.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to support critical business decisions.
- Build P&Ls for new business lines and assist with their integration and development.
- Deliver on time assignment to support corporate reporting and reconciliations.
- Performs more complex analysis in areas such as budgets, strategic plans, and treasury and/or credit functions.
- Extensive financial modeling for analysis and senior leadership decision-making
- Support all aspects of monthly rolling forecast, financial validation, reconciliation and planning & analysis activities
- Develop dashboards and monthly reporting packages identifying trends and providing financial insights to business managers
- Create presentations with data for executive leadership
- Continuous process improvement
- Ad-hoc analysis
- Assist with Cash Flow projections
- Multi entity consolidation experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a FP&A role supporting a business unit or 5 – 7 years’ experience in financial analysis and modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree required with Finance, Accounting or Business; MBA a plus.
- Ability to develop detailed financial models.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and PowerPoint Skills are critical in this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to build relationships with business partners and influence change.
- Must be comfortable working in an entrepreneurial company without a large support team.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn beyond assigned responsibilities is a significant plus.