PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
The Solar Drafter is responsible for preparing electrical wiring and layout drawings for photovoltaic system installations. The Solar Drafter works with various departments including Project Co-ordination team, Permitting, Sales and Operations. The Solar Drafter is also responsible for assisting with responses to AHJ corrections, both written and verbal.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce PV system installation details, single lines, connection diagrams, hardware selection.
- Gain a full understanding of the project scope, schedules milestones and coordination procedure
- Coordinates and cooperates with Project Coordinators to ensure the smooth flow of all information necessary for the completion of the overall project design/drafting effort
- Verify that all drawings and vendor documents have been properly reviewed prior to issue
- Completes AHJ revisions/corrections.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good electrical, civil and mechanical design fundamentals
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in AutoCAD
- Good communication skills and previous experience interfacing with construction personnel manage multiple tasks and projects
- Knowledge of drafting standards and symbols.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact with others