Website PetersenDean Roofing & Solar
PetersenDean Roofing and Solar Systems is the largest residential roofing and solar company in the United States. With divisions in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas, PetersenDean installs new roofs, provides re-roofing services, and designs and installs solar power systems. Founded more than 34 years ago, our commitment to safety, superior quality customer service, and the environment has earned us an industry-wide reputation for excellence.
The Solar Interconnection & Rebate Specialist’s primary responsibility is to gain incentive and utility interconnection program approvals to speed a customer through the installation process. The I&R Specialist does this by completing all necessary applications quickly and accurately while working directly with the customer and their utility and incentive program throughout the solar installation process. The I&R Specialist will also collaborate with internal teams such as Sales, Project Management, Design & Engineering and Finance to effectively sell and install projects. The ideal candidate must be detailed oriented and be able to organize and prioritize with minimal supervision since this person will be responsible for multiple customers in different stages of installation across various utilities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submit a high volume of Net Energy Metering & Rebate applications.
- Do so accurately to minimize kickbacks which cause installation delays.
- Clearly and positively communicate with customers when needed, as well as team member within different departments of the company.
- Create and maintain relationships with various Utilities Companies, State & City Building Inspectors and Business Partners.
- Maintain motivation with repetitive tasks.
- Problem solve independently.
- Identify areas of process improvement proactively.
- Demonstrate the ability to advise on programmatic changes, such as regulatory issues that impact solar operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Organizational Agility: Able to organize and prioritize, with strong follow through
- Attention to Detail: Comfortable working with detailed contracts, forms and documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills to negotiate unclear regulatory requirements.
- Efficiency: be able to work quickly and accurately in an ambiguous environment
- Strong computer skills. (Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Internet, Business Webinars and Accounting Data Base.)
- Interpersonal Savvy: Customer service background and ability to work productively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Solar industry experience desired but not necessary.