Last updated: 01/01/2020
- What Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use Personal Information?
- How Do We Share Personal Information?
- How Do We Respond to ‘Do Not Track’ Signals?
- Your Privacy Choices
- California Privacy Rights
- International Transfers of Data
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security
- Change of Control
- Policy Changes
- Contact InformationWhat Types of Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Give Us. While using our Site, Chat Tool, PetersenDean App and/or our Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information, which may include your name, job title, email address, postal address, phone number, electricity usage, and physical details about your home.
We may collect information from you in the context of:
- Providing our roofing, solar, battery, fencing and related products and services to you;
- Providing you quotes and information about our products and services at your request;
- Providing you with promotions or giveaways;
- Customer support and technical assistance;
- Account registration and administration for our App and Services;
- Providing updates to you regarding your accounts with us; and/or
- Information that you choose to provide to us via e-mail.
The specific types of information collected will depend upon the services you use or subscribe to.
Information We Automatically Collect. Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site, Chat Tool, PetersenDean App and/or our Services (collectively “Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. This information may be collected via several technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs, canvas fingerprinting and other means.
You can remove certain cookies by following the directions in your Internet browser’s “help” file. You may disable cookies and still browse the Site, but your ability to use areas of the Site may be limited, and the other means by which we collect information likely will be unaffected.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
Information We Collect From Third-Parties. Your friends or family may use the PetersenDean App, e-mail, phone and/or in-person communications to refer your contact information to us. We may use this contact information to inquire about your interest in our services.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We use your personal information as follows:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services offered and subscribed or accepted by you, through any medium of communication;
- To deliver to you any administrative notices, advice and communications relevant to your use of the products and/or services;
- To analyze Site and/or App usage and improve the services offered;
- To provide aggregated date from the Site to advertisers to display marketing on third-party sites; and,
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity.
How Do Share Personal Information?
Affiliates and Service Providers. We may share your information with our subsidiaries, affiliates, third-party service providers, and/or any subcontractors as required to offer you our products and services. Any party who we disclose information to is required to maintain confidentiality and only use the Personal Information for purposes agreed upon between the parties.
Finance Companies. With your permission, we may share your name and contact information with third-parties that help you obtain financing for our products and services. These finance companies have their own privacy policies and practices with respect to your Personal Information. Please contact these finance companies directly if you have any questions about their use of your personal information.
Third-Party Links and Websites. Our Site and/or App may contain links to and from the websites of third-parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Disclosures Required by Law. We may be required to disclose your data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet law enforcement requirements. We may be under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the protect the rights, property, or safety of others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
How Do We Respond to ‘Do Not Track’ Signals?
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
Your Privacy Choices
If you would like to request access and/or make any changes to your Personal Information , please call us at the following toll-free number 800-564-0362 or visit us online.
Marketing Opt-Out: We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any email we send. You will still continue to receive service-related messages concerning products and services you have purchased (unless we have indicated otherwise).
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights:
- The right to know what personal information is being collected about you.
- The right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom.
- The right to say no to the sale of personal information.
- The right to access your personal information.
- The right, in certain circumstances, to delete the information you have provided to us.
- The right to equal service and price, even if you exercise your privacy rights.
Request for Information. California consumers have the right to request, up to twice in a 12-month period, that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer the information listed below for the preceding 12 months. We have the right to request verification of your identity for all requests for information.
(1) The categories of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
(2) The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
(4) The categories of third-parties with whom the business shares personal information.
(5) The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third-parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third-party to whom the personal information was sold.
(6) The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
(7) The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
To make such a request, please call us at the following toll-free number 800-564-0362 or visit us online.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. California consumers have the right to opt out of the sale of the consumer’s personal information. To make such a request, please call us at the following toll-free number 800-564-0362 or visit us online.
Third-Party Marketing. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third-parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the following toll-free number 800-564-0362 or visit us online.
International Transfers of Data
Any data that you provide to us may be accessed, shared or processed by our offices, located in the United States, and service providers located in the United States, if such data transfer is necessary for the specific purpose for which you submitted your data (such as the provision of goods or services under a written contract).
This may entail a transfer of your personal information across international borders. The data protections standards may differ and be lower than the standards enforced in your jurisdiction.
We maintain appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law for any personal information transferred internationally, and as required by applicable law, will seek your consent prior to such transfers.
This Site is not directed at individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at the following toll-free number 800-564-0632 or visit us online. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is completely secure. While we strive to reasonable security means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Change of Control
Personal information may be transferred to a third-party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other change in control. If we sell, merge or transfer any part of the business, part of the sale may include your personal information.